Thursday, April 23, 2009

getting hooked

I'm getting totally addicted to stampin and card making. I don't have much ideas or creativity when it comes to layout, so I usually end up copying or adapting something from the SU catalog or other idea book. But Julie and Bri have encouraged me to post. So here we go.
I've been trying to use my new stamp sets I got from the Sale-A-bration. Here is a few using the Congrats set. I was able to make a retirement card for my daughter's preschool teacher, a graduation card for my brother in law and while I was at it and had the supplies and ideas I made a wedding card as well.

These are from the Yummy set.
These 2 are copies from the SU idea book/catalog. They were a little more involved, but turned out OK I thought. I can't remember which stamps I used for the Thank You card on the left, but I used Happy Everything and Eastern Blooms on the card on the right.

Another layout I totally copied, but I really love these little owls(from the Owl Together Now set) and I finally started using my Stamp-a-ma-jig and I LOVE it. Why I haven't been using it sooner to get my stamped images to turn out all lined up properly.

2 comments:

Bri said...

Holy Cow send me one of those owl cards they are to die for! Nice work Jessica!

JulieA said...

Yea Jessica! What wonderful cards and I love how you started with some inspiration. The stamp-a-ma-jig is totally awesome and those owls are so stinkin' cute! Great job, GF! (and thanks for posting...you have great ideas!)