Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy St Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day is a difficult event for cardmaking because most people aren't going to be giving out too many cards except maybe to a few special people. This means I am not usually going to get a lot of use out of whatever I buy for the event. Ok, a good portion of what's in my craft room has never seen any use but will one day (don't laugh you know its true of yours as well), so maybe that's not the best criteria but you know, whatever you get, you are going to make a few cards for that year and then probably never it use again because you already made them one with that stamp or cut out.

This year I found a super cheap and easy solution to that problem. A. C. Moore had a big pack of Nicole St Patrick's Day stickers for $1.00 that inspired me to make this year's design. I started with the stickers in mind and found paper that matched the sticker colors and then worked out a paper layout that made the card be more sophisticated than just putting down some stickers.

The top and bottom yellow sections had a bunch of small shamrocks stamped in them in a light green to step it up further but for some reason the scanner totally missed them. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until today after I had the images cropped and straightened and ready for posting so rather than delaying them and having a Happy Belated St Patrick's Day post, here are my cards for this year:





As always, click on the card image for the full directions from my website.

Happy St Patrick's Day!

No comments: