Sunday, January 11, 2009

You Take the Cake!

This is a birthday card for a friend of mine.

I stamped the light purple card with flowers and those little flourishes. Then I stamped the cupcake. This time with chocolate frosting! I did the colors by coloring the stamp with markers. Then I filled in the sprinkles and sponged around the cupcake. Cut out the cupcake and "tag corner" punched two corners. I stamped the stamp "you take the cake" with white on the dark purple and mounted the cupcake on that paper. I left room between the words and the cake to make a bow. Then I put the cupcake/word/bow piece of paper on 5 dimentionals to adhere it to the card. To give it the popped out effect. :)

6 comments:

JulieA said...

Cute card, Bri! And good use of those markers - aren't they fun???!!!

Anonymous said...

I recently did a Thank You card for my brother. I'd love to share it here. How do I do that? My email address is on my about page: http://cdevroe.com/about/

Bri said...

Colin, I liked your card. nice work.

Anonymous said...

I really liked all your cards. Great job!! I have a very basic question (might be stupid even but I know nothing about this stuff); How do you manage to have so many different stamps, where do you get them or if you have to prepare them separately, can you please tell how can it be done? Thanks a lot.

Bri said...

I buy all my stamps from Stampin' up. www.stampinup.com They come in sets and they are priced well. their supplies are also good quality and cheaper (paper and ink mostly) than at craft store. Plus their colors coordinate with their inks which makes it easy for a card to look good. You can also get some cheaper stamps at Joann Fabrics & Craft stores.

jules said...

I like how the stamped background looks!