Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Anniversary Card


My little sister and her husband are celebrating their first anniversary this month. I used the faux flower petals they threw at their wedding to make the flower. The center of the flower is pewter heart brads and silver gauze ribbon.

Their colors were navy blue and silver. I used navy blue cardstock. I didn't have any silver paper (nor could I find any, so if you know where to get silver papers let me know), so I had to make my own. I used medium vellum and a silver paint pen to make silver lined paper. I stamped the saying using silver pigment ink and cut out a tag. The tag is attached to the center of the flower using silver gauze ribbon.

3 comments:

JulieA said...

What a beautiful card, and so full of meaning with the petals dropped at their wedding! They'll surely love it. As for the silver paper, Stampin' Up! sells brushed silver and gold. You can email me or go to my blog if you're interested. Gorgeous card!

Pauline said...

It's a lovely card.

Monica said...

Hi, I am your latest follower...

Very impressed with your inspirational cards... this one is just so beautiful and it must have lots of sentimental value because of the petals.
And you are SOOOOO creative to make your own silver paper. I sometimes just buy expensive silver gift wrap and use it as designer paper.

I would love it if you follow my back.

Happy crafting,

Monica