Friday, May 23, 2008

Birthday Bonanza

I have made a slew of birthday cards for my multitude of family members. I am especially fond of the rubber ducky one (my little sister loves rubber ducks) and the fishing theme (for my grandpa who loves to fish).

For the Duck card, I tried to draw a rubber duck looking shape, and then cut out an orange shape for the bill. I made the bubbles using punches, and coloring them with a white paint pen.

For the Fishing Card, I used a water patterned paper, and a sand colored paper for the "shore". I made a wood sign, and used a Stampendous Happy Birthday stamp. The fish is from a Provo Craft paper pack. I made the pail using tin foil and paper (the handle is made with floral wire). The fishing pole is a twig from my backyard, and I made a reel with floral wire, used clear nylon thread for fishing line, and made a hook (using floral wire) and lure (using ribbon that I shredded).

The other cards are pretty standard design.

No comments: