Thursday, January 24, 2008

Masking tape card

I'm just starting out and I've only made about 10 cards. Most of them have been really bad and I'm not just saying that. This is the first card I've made that I really liked. I have lots of paper but few stamps and inks so any tips or examples ya'll can give will be much appreciated. I'm adding to my supply a little at a time and would really like to make cards that I'm not embarrassed to send. A lady in Washington has helped me get started and told me how to make this card.

4 comments:

Roni said...

I like it. Tell us how you did it with masking tape.

Roni said...

I forgot to add that on the blog already there are a few ideas of how to do things with just paper. Also, you can save the fronts of cards that you receive. I have actually taken parts off of cards before and re-used them for a new card (brads, embellishments, etc). You can use paper, ribbon, etc. to add to the card instead of stamps. Good luck as you work on the cards. It all takes practice. There are still many cards that I make that I don't like super well and a few others that have been sitting in my "card box" for a while because I just don't know if I like it well enough to send it.

dot said...

Use any old piece of cardstock and cover with small pieces of masking tape. Put it in all directions then when the card is completely covered trim the edges. Smear ink on with a cotton ball. I used some blue and green that I was gifted with. (pigment ink) Then sprinkle with kaladiscope powder and pour excess back in your container and use the heat gun on it. I hope this makes sense.

Sandra said...

Dot-

I love the card! You are off to a great start! Thanks for the tip on the masking tape....I never would have thought of it.